'Canes, are you interested in connecting with UM students and alumni for mentorship and networking? Join Cane2Cane!
Employment With a Disability Resource Guide
In the current economic market, getting a job is a difficult feat.
Job searching can involve what seems like endless emails, rewritten resumes and interview after interview, all in search of one’s dream job.
However, for some, the search for employment can be even more challenging. If you’re a person living with a disability, questions may come up that another job seeker may not have to answer.
You may wonder how a place of employment would make accommodations for you, or if there are certain companies that focus on helping people with disabilities find employment.
This guide has that information and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Government Resources
- Transitional Programs for People with Disabilities
- Job Seeking Strategies for People with Disabilities
- Resources for Employers
- People First Language
- Social Media Groups and Organizations
- Disability Podcasts
- Blogs about Living and Working as a Person with a Disability
- Books About Living and Working with a Disability