This is an opportunity to work in the fast-paced, engaging, and lucrative Design & Construction Industry. We are a full-service design-build firm with over 35 years specializing in vehicular & pedestrian timber bridges. Our product values range from the tens of thousands to multi-million-dollar contracts, pending project size. The ideal candidate will be expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of multiple projects, administer strategic project planning and scheduling, and offer technical support to field construction operations to maximize construction efficiency.
Position Description: Position requires the management of a construction job after the sale through design, purchasing, construction, and close out within budget, scope and timeframe allotted. It will require direct contact and constant interaction with the construction team, clients, vendors, local jurisdictions (per need), field foreman and various field crews. Tasks include but are not limited to scheduling, design reviews, procurement, client interactions, negotiations with vendors, and maintenance of official records, status reports, and budgets.
· Plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, delegate and manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
· Create, maintain and balance budgets, administer high quantity material take-offs, and regularly negotiate/estimate multiple projects.
· Working knowledge of construction techniques and equipment, engineering, architectural and other construction drawings and specifications, building materials and code compliance.
· Knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
· Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations.
· Understand Company SOP, oversee compliance and maintain documents in accordance with policy and procedures.
· Ability to analyze circumstances, make routine decisions, and problem solve under pressure.
This Role Requires:
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar. Four years of construction related project management experience will be considered in lieu of education requirements.
· Effective interpersonal skills with a variety of people, personalities and backgrounds.
· Excels at prioritizing, managing and completing multiple tasks concurrently under pressure.
· Must be a self-motivated problem solver with a positive “can-do “attitude.
· Strong analytical, mathematical, negotiation and critical thinking skills.
· Proven proficiency in verbal, written, computer, and organizational skills
· Value integrity, professionalism, and a positive work atmosphere.
Essential Software and Computer Proficiency:
· MSOffice (High)
· Internet (High)
· Adobe Acrobat Pro (Medium)
· Typing (50+ WPM, preferred)
Additional Software (not required but, preferred):
· Quick Books
Benefits (after qualifying period)
· Company paid health benefits
· Paid Holidays & PTO accrued
· 401K and 4% Company contribution
· Discretionary Year End Bonus
· Profit Sharing
As a company, we are committed to providing the highest quality products & services, promoting our partnerships, providing an atmosphere of integrity, honesty, interdependence, and innovation, protecting & preserving the environment’s natural beauty, achieving optimal client satisfaction, and fostering growth.
For more information, visit our website at www.ybc.com.