This is a ground-floor opportunity with a stable and growing 36 Year Company in the dynamic design & construction industry. We are looking for entry level, talented, personable people to assist in making our vision a reality.
As a CAD designer, an individual will be expected to work directly with the design team to provide support to sales and construction teams. Tasks include, but are not limited to: researching & reviewing – specifications, materials, construction drawings, design documentation, civil plans, and surveys; research, review, & execute – drawings from preliminary design intent through construction set (as-builts per need) and bill of materials & material take-offs; administrative duties – logging design schedule, transcribing submittals per need, reporting progress, maintaining design library. Position requires efficiency in a fast-paced environment with a general enthusiasm for achieving goals.
Qualified Candidates considered should possess:
• Minimum of 2 years of drafting and design experience using latest versions of AutoCAD.
• Demonstration of a working knowledge of: architectural/landscape architectural design, drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, and construction techniques.
• Basic knowledge of construction and construction practices.
• Flexible to change, ability to multitask and shift project priority based on customer demands and deadlines.
• Understanding of all phases of design and associated goals: concept, schematic, design, documentation, tender, on-site observations, shop drawing approvals, administration, and compliance checks.
• Exhibition of basic design knowledge in site planning, civil, structural, lighting and MEP.
• Effective Verbal, Written, and Graphic Communication skills utilizing personal and computer skills such as MS Office and Project Management.
• Minimum of an Associates of Arts in Drafting. Bachelor of Science in Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Engineering preferred. Additional 2 years of experience in professional services. (i.e. similar work, collegiate work) acceptable in lieu of higher education.
The perks of the position after introductory period:
· Company paid health benefits
· Paid Holidays & PTO accrued
· 401K and 4% Company contribution
· Discretionary Year End Bonus
· Profit Sharing