STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
PIMM09-13546-Senior Multi-Media Specialist (Webmaster)-Cheyenne
SALARY: $4,429.06 – $6,849.06 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 12/09/20
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Open Until Filled
The webmaster position provides website direction, design, and management for the Wyoming Game and Fish Department, a non-general fund agency with the State of Wyoming. The position will work at the department headquarters in Cheyenne to maintain the existing Game and Fish web presence, create new, eye-catching content and pages while regularly updating and improving existing content on the pages to maximize information retention and boost analytics. The webmaster will work with the department networking team to guarantee maximum uptime and stay on track of the content management system and server statuses. This position serves as the website’s administrator by selectively providing access to update webpages to department personnel.
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis 307-777-4507 firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Manages the Wyoming Game and Fish Department website.
- Guides production of best website practices, look, and approach.
- Interprets, translates, and develops themes, concepts, and messages into creative, appealing, and accurate web pages.
- Determines the best visual, web-based approach to communicating information/content to the specific target audience given budgetary and time constraints.
- Seeks and selects photography, illustrations, and design elements specific for multiple projects.
- Regularly updates existing web pages as requested by Department staff.
- Creates new content, including land pages and multi-page sites as needed to meet the Department and communication efforts’ needs.
- Ensures copyright and trademark liabilities are addressed and in concurrence with usage laws.
- Manipulates, enhances, alters, and/or edits resource imagery to fit and match the web design approach.
- Maintains and categorizes an electronic media library of files for use on the web.
- Categorizes, archives, and stores all needed web files, resources, and related communications efficiently and easy-to-access.
- Serves as a point-of-contact for the public regarding website questions and errors.
- Manages the webmaster’s email by forwarding electronic questions from the public to the person most-suited to answer them.
- Works with the Department’s networking team to maintain uptime for the site and manage visitors’ influx during peak periods.
- Stays informed of technical updates and changes that would affect the CMS or the web servers.
- Serves as the website’s CMS administrator, selectively granting access to edit pages on the site to various department personnel.
- Testing websites across browsers, operating systems, and devices
- Monitoring online traffic and conversions
Preference may be given to those with any combination of training and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in website design, programming, UI design, or a related field, plus two years of professional work experience in digital communications or a related field.
Preference may be given to those applicants who have a web design degree, web production degree, programming degree, or computer science degree.
**Must include a hyperlink to your online portfolio that includes examples of your web design(or attach a PDF with examples), your resume, and cover letter
**Must have a valid driver’s license
- Creative ability to interpret and translate concepts, themes, and ideas into effective and appealing web representations.
- Expert ability with a multitude of web design and image manipulation software applications to include, but not exclusive to, Kentico CMS, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Acrobat, Bridge, Dreamweaver.
- Thorough working knowledge of current website industry standards and terminology as well as state standards relating to websites.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time-management/scheduling skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new web design software applications.
- Advanced knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Broad knowledge and understanding or ability to learn about wildlife species, wildlife issues, habitats, conservation practices, and related management policies and approaches.
- Digital file management and archival skills.
Bachelor’s Degree (typically in Multi-Media Design)
0-3 years of progressive work experience (typically in Multi-Media Design) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Multi-Media Design Specialist II
Education & Experience Substitution:
4-6 years of progressive work experience (typically in Multi-Media Design) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Multi-Media Design Specialist II
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Some travel is required.
- FLSA: Exempt
- This is a non-teleworking position.
- You must include a hyperlink to your online portfolio that includes examples of your web design (or attach a PDF with examples), your resume, and cover letter.
- Some statewide travel will be required.
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department – Director’s office
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #PIMM09
Job # 13546
PIMM09-13546-SENIOR MULTI-MEDIA SPECIALIST (WEBMASTER)-CHEYENNE
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.