Write copy for marketing communications, including but not limited to blog posts, emails, social media, e-newsletters, web content and print collateral for Wycliffe’s in-house marketing department. Thrive in a fast-paced, agency-style environment. Desire to work toward achieving team goals and expanding personal skill sets.
- Write, edit and proofread a variety of documents for marketing communications such as emails, blog posts, e-newsletters, ad copy, social media, web content and print publications.
- Proactively manage time and projects in order to fulfill department deadlines and needs.
- Research and interview for story content.
- Verify source content and obtain field or client approval as needed.
- Interface with project managers, partners and editorial team members for direction and feedback.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications colleagues, and staff across the organization, to write and curate engaging posts that align with the organization’s brand, mission, and audience interests across all of Wycliffe USA’s social media platforms.
- Proactively pursue continuous learning of trends in writing, marketing and nonprofits. Work with the editorial team to evaluate new knowledge and to implement as appropriate.
- Follow Wycliffe editorial style rules and brand guidelines, as well as Associated Press Stylebook. Familiarity with Chicago style a plus.
- Follow Wycliffe marketing procedures and formatting.
- Occasional travel assignments overseas as available.
- All other duties as assigned for Wycliffe USA and its affiliates.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. (English fluency required.)
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, excellence-oriented agency environment. Enjoy a creative and open working atmosphere.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest) required. Project management software and content management system (CMS) experience a plus. Able to quickly learn new technology tools.
- Attention to Detail: Works in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner. Demonstrates concern for thoroughness and accuracy, verifying that work has been done according to procedures and standards.
- Providing service excellence to internal and/or external clients. Looks for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Explores and addresses the unidentified, underlying and long-term client needs. Enhances client service delivery systems and processes. Anticipates clients’ upcoming needs and concerns.
- Creativity and Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas, and presents ideas and information in an effective manner.
- Interactive Communication: Listen to others and communicate articulately in group and individual settings, fostering open communication. Respond well to questions and constructive criticism.
- Teamwork: Balance team and individual responsibilities, contribute to building a positive team spirit and collaborate with other team members in order to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Serving Others: Works well with people, focusing on solving conflict using biblical principles, listening well to others, using emotional intelligence, and developing God-honoring relationships. Is committed to understanding and meeting the needs of internal and external customers in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner in order to serve them well. Accepts feedback and responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments. Reports to work and meetings on time.
- Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ): Demonstrates desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without mental reservation. Willing to support the Christian mission of Wycliffe USA and the entities it serves.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in writing or related area of study.
- One to three years college (campus department or publication) or professional writing experience preferred.