INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Primary School Elementary Teacher Grades 3-5
Nelson Mandela said, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
As an upper elementary teacher for the Ukarumpa International School, you will change the world, enabling children from grades 3-5 to receive a quality education in an amazing setting!
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Ukarumpa, Papua New Guinea
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, America, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States, as per U.S. employment laws.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
Without a high quality school, many of the families involved in Bible translation in Papua New Guinea would have to leave for the sake of their children. By providing crucial teaching, you impact thousands of lives–including the 300 language communities still waiting for the Bible!
Every day is exciting. One day after classes, you might provide math help via a radio chat to a student living in a remote village. Another day you will meet with parents to help figure out a plan for their child’s learning assistance needs. You’ll participate in reviews and interviews, creatively care for your classroom, and cheer your students on during the annual Sports Day races.
This job might be for you if…
- You love kids and are passionate about caring for their minds, bodies, and souls through a Christian education.
- You thrive in creating daily lessons that open the world to these children!
- You flourish in a cross-cultural, family-type atmosphere.
- You are a problem solver, and the thought of adapting educational programs to meet the needs of multiple nationalities excites you!
- You’re flexible and a team player.
- You’ve spent at least one year as a teacher and hold current teaching credentials.
- You’re organized and able to maintain records, reports, and even teach multiple grade levels in one classroom.
For more information visit
REF ID: R3721 Chuck