INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Manager
Peter Drucker once said, “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” When was the last time you had a chance to do both?
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages. Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Ukarumpa, Papua New Guinea
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
What Might you Do?
As a Manager at our linguistics center in Papua New Guinea, you will provide critical leadership and direction to vital departments that empower Bible translation. Without these managerial support roles, Bible translation becomes increasingly difficult and can even grind to a halt!
We are looking for managers, assistant managers, and section heads who might serve in the following departments: Finance, Auto Shop, Construction and Maintenance, Guesthouse, Human Resources, Store, Shipping and Logistics, Regional Centers, Information Technology, or the Clinic. While we try to place managers in the department they are most familiar with, sometimes we will need you to serve in a different department.
This job might be for you if…
- You enjoy working with people. You desire your personnel to be successful.
- You know how to allocate resources, develop budgets, and create procedures.
- You understand and value the complexity of multicultural teams. You are sensitive and respectful of the potential challenges and benefits.
- You are flexible. You desire to serve where the need is!
- You are an outstanding communicator in both verbal and written English.
- You have not just survived but thrived for at least three years in a supervisory or management role.