Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an exciting opportunity available for a DevOps Engineer to join its Global Technical Operations team. You will work in a fast-paced environment where you’ll never lack for new and challenging projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and in a team, seeks challenges and takes pride in their work and achievements. They will also have strong Linux skills and experience with Kubernetes and web architectures.
- Maintaining production applications and hardware
- Maintaining production Kubernetes clusters
- Implementing changes for existing web infrastructure
- Designing new tools/utilities to automate processes
- Administrating web servers
- Building and configuring web servers and databases
- Working Linux experience
- Working knowledge of administering and architecting Kubernetes clusters
- Understanding of networking concepts, technologies and principles
- Understanding of virtual machine environments and hypervisors
- Understanding of web architecture and the appropriate technology stacks, such as Apache and Tomcat
- Understanding of Java technologies
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and independently
- Ability to solve problems using available resources
- Comfort with high levels of ambiguity
- Three–five years of experience
- Experience with metal Kubernetes clusters
- Creative and passionate about being on the cutting edge of technology
- AWS or hosted cloud services experience
- Experience with cloud computing architecture and HPC architecture
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.