We hope you’re interested in building a home with us. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Team
You will be part of the in-house Paid Social team responsible for the strategy & execution of full-funnel campaigns across all our brands. Our job is to work closely with our brand partners to lead the most effective setup & execution of our campaigns, to meet the goals of each individual brand, as well as the business as a whole—focusing largely on DR campaigns driving efficient sales and working with our internal & external partners to do so.
Overview of the role
In the Sr Analyst role, you will be responsible for managing & executing paid social strategy across 3-4 WSI brands with a specific focus on the analytical approach, seasonal initiatives, overall setup, and testing process. You will work with an Analyst for in-platform execution and optimization. Candidates must be willing to work directly in social buying tools and will develop the near- and long-term strategies in order to increase revenue, site traffic, and conversion and maximize return on ad spend. Responsibilities will focus on Facebook campaigns as well as emerging platforms such as Snapchat and TikTok. Candidates must have expertise with social media planning and buying processes as well as using first-party data for targeting.
- Setup and manage Facebook campaigns across various tactics (site retargeting/DPA, first-party CRM data retargeting, prospecting) whilst hitting or exceeding program KPIs
- Proactively track campaign pacing and performance, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of budget
- Liaise with brand social and creative teams to ensure programs are updated seasonally, reflect current promotions and Brand initiatives
- Effectively communicate strategies and rationale for tactical approaches of each campaign
- Spot opportunities for new tactics/improved ROI/forecast investment and return and work directly with Customer Relationship Management team to fund
- Be a platform expert, familiar with all optimization levers and features of both the 3rd party social advertising tool and Facebook Ads Manager
- Simultaneously manage multiple campaigns with varying budgets/goals (with special emphasis on weekly/monthly spend and ROI targets)
- Collaborate with Customer Relationship Management teams on how social can support upcoming brand goals & initiatives
- Ensure WSI stays at the forefront of Facebook advertising and keep up-to-date with industry trends and be a subject matter expert on social for WSI
- Operate a computer and communicate via telephone
- Transport materials and equipment and lift, move, and carry objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- Executed paid social campaigns in at least one of the following tactics: site retargeting/DPA, first-party CRM data retargeting, prospecting/awareness – across at least one of the main social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest or Snapchat)
- Strong attention to detail with experience in proper QA of campaign setup, execution and/or budget management
- Strong analytical skills with experience in analyzing raw data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations/communicating outcomes
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to synthesize technical detail
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in an adaptive, fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of experience in social campaign management
- Hands-to-keyboard experience with 3rd party technologies and Facebook Ads Manager
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, etc.)
- Ability to perform work onsite in the San Francisco office full-time pending state, local, and Company return-to-work guidance during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
We believe in People First
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.