This is a cross functional branch development program targeting recent college graduates and/or those with equivalent work experience. The program is designed to attract the very best talent and provide selected candidates with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary for a successful career in sales or operations. Program participants will complete a program that includes rotational assignments in various segments of the branch business with on-the-job training. Program associates act as role models of professionalism, ethical behavior and utilize effective decision making at all times. Program associates must thrive on challenge and a changing environment, while demanding continuous learning in a competitive, fast paced environment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Participates in cross-functional job rotations in various areas of the branch and in a variety of developmental related tasks including , leadership development, mentor meetings, and other learning activities with the purpose of matching the individual with the sales or operations opportunity that best matches interests, skills and abilities.
- Utilizes learning programs to develop leadership, operations and/or sales knowledge within the branch/facility.
- Experiences hands-on training needed to learn business systems and processes.
- Learns key interfaces within each area of the business as well as company culture.
- Represents TRUSTED values in all interactions with associates, customers and suppliers; works effectively with branch and corporate associates at all levels, consistently following all company policies and procedures.
- Adds value to assigned branch by participating in branch activities and completing assigned tasks in a timely manner and as directed.
Nature and Scope
- Works in compliance with established procedures and/or protocols. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems. Demonstrates skill in data analysis and techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data.
- Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or supervisor.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Certification may be required in some areas. Generally 0-2 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 0-1 year of experience in a related field.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Construction Management or equivalent military experience with a minimum of 1-2 years of work experience.
- Driven to succeed with a competitive, energetic, professional, and goal-oriented attitude. Self-governed and takes initiative.
- Strong sales and operations focus, including having the ability to partner with customers to develop value-added solutions and experience leading or building a team.
- Strong communication skills and experience conversing with team members and customers.
- Willing to relocate upon completing the program.