Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of the world’s leading major home appliance company.
Manufacturing is at the heart of what we do at Whirlpool Corporation. Our Manufacturing Leadership Development Program (MLDP) provides a cross-functional experience with award-winning manufacturing operations at production plants that have made Whirlpool Corporation a global leader in manufacturing home appliances. This 3-year program is designed to provide six challenging, diverse assignments and experiences (6 months each) focused on our Whirlpool Production System pillars.
MLDP participants will rotate through three manufacturing plant locations during the MLDP experience. Opportunities are available throughout our North American plant locations in Ohio, Iowa, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and Massachusetts. These sites produce a full line of appliances including refrigerators, washers, dryers, ranges, ovens, dishwashers, and KitchenAid portables. Learn more about our Manufacturing locations and the communities where we live & work here!
Project assignments will be in areas such as:
- Environment, Health & Safety – shift safety, environmental impact
- Assembly Operations – process / lean engineering, supervision, model line / new model launches
- Materials – planning, delivery and lean
- Quality – SIR and quality assurance engineering
- Project Engineering (across Manufacturing sub groups) – standardization of work (SOPs), 5s, lean engineering, factory master planning
- Supervision and Team Leadership in areas such as: assembly, materials, quality, press, fab & finish
Background and Experience
Minimum Background and Experiences
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations/Engineering Management, or a related area
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Be geographically mobile
Preferred Background and Experiences
- Proven decision-making skills and ability to solve complex business problems through innovation and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with teams and achieve extraordinary results
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous internship or co-op experience working in a similar environment or company of similar size/scope to Whirlpool; within a manufacturing environment, a plus
If you meet the minimum requirements of the job description, you will be prompted to take a behavioral assessment called “Plum” within one week of your application.
For this position, Whirlpool Corporation will not sponsor visas for candidates at this time. Get to know more about our programs at https://www.whirlpoolcareers.com/work-with-us-ca-students/.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.