Technician – Hardware Verification & Validation
We are currently seeking a full-time Hardware Verification & Validation (V&V) Technician for the electronic controls Verification and Validation team at our Michigan Southwest Mheadquarters. The incumbent will possess a background in Electronics and test fixture development.
- Maintain and establish control specifications for lab test requirements and numerous tests
- Assist with various test labs such as Environmental lab, EMI/EMC Electromagnetic Interference/ Compatibility (EMI / EMC) Lab and Codes Lab
- Maintain test controls used on the Appliance controller and Human Machine Interfaces.
- Perform EMC/EMI/ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) test procedures on products and components with direct supervision
- Understands controls schematics and is able to interpret the standard to derive the values of the Loads to simulate the control loading
- Assemble Set-up wiring arrangements and remove components using soldering / desoldering methods
- Work with Design engineers to find solutions to EMC / Environmental problems.
- Record and compile data, write test reports and communicate results
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities. Construct basic test fixtures, as required.
- Test appliance controls and HMIs (Human Machine Interfaces) and other products for different aspects prototype evaluation, engineering development, etc.
- Construct basic test fixtures & load stands as required. This will involve:
- Assisting in the design of aluminum (80/20) or steel frames fixtures.
- Building load stands for attaching large appliance loads to, i.e. motors, heating elements, etc., and setting up inside or outside an environmental chamber
- Build test harnesses to connect controls to load stands
- Setup a data acquisition controller system to monitor and regulate power to controls
- Perform environmental test procedures and/or maintain test products and components on a daily basis with direct supervision. Troubleshoot test failures
- Perform vibration analysis of electronic controls in an appliance
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years of hardware testing experience
- 1+ year of test fixture development experience
- Maintain test equipment and lab: Environmental chambers, shakers, vibration FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) analyzers, and IR (InfraRed) thermal Camera.
- Experience with electronic assembly quality inspection, i.e. IPC-A-610 ( Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits )
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms.
- Strong communication skills and establish new ideas.
- A team player and able to work in a cross-functional collaborative environment to meet numerous Code and Compliance goals
- Understanding of Electronics Hardware, software and systems
- Experience with oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Network Analyzers/ Spectrum Analyzers and High Frequency Testing
- Maintain, run and tune test scripts