Werner’s Transportation Management Trainee Program offers an accelerated career path to those who are willing to relocate and have demonstrated the initiative and the desire to excel. This position provides you with an opportunity to experience many aspects of the transportation industry including, fleet management, load planning, customer service management, direct customer interface and monthly financial reviews. The program offers 6 to 10 weeks of training at multiple off-site customer locations and requires extensive overnight travel during that time. Werner’s off-site training will expose you to an active customer-focused environment where ownership and responsibility are the keys to success. You will learn the fundamentals of supply-chain management, while helping to manage Werner’s profitability on an assigned dedicated account. After training, you will be promoted to a full-time management position off-site at a customer account.
- Observation, training, and hands-on experience within many different departments such as: Marketing, Operations, Dedicated, Sales, Logistics, Safety, Rates, Trailers, etc. to get better understanding of the interaction between departments and transportation operations.
- This position does require willingness to relocate.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration with an emphasis in Transportation/Logistics, Marketing, or Management.
- Two years of customer service is preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s age.