The Bioinformatician will part of the development and deployment of a novel and unique system established in the Cantley & Elemento Labs, relating to signaling pathways and kinases analysis. Working under the mentoring of a graduate student and senior bioinformatician, he/she will be designing and executing computational configurations of the system, and applying different computational methods and Machine Learning technique for exploratory analyses and data visualization. He/She should be passionate about executing and developing new ways to improve our computational system, as well as integrating new data into the workflow. He/she should be highly motivated and enjoy close team-work, brainstorming and project management.
Due to COVID-19, the position will start as mainly remote position, but will become on-site position according to WCM and NYC health regulations.
- Developing and deploying the computational system, from the basic-science level to the launching state.
- Applying novel and cutting-edge techniques and incorporating new databases to improve the system.
- Using statistical methods and Machine Learning technique for performing exploratory analysis of the data and data visualization.
- Conducting and maintaining systematic documentation of software development for compliance using Git.
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering or Related Fields.
- Minimum 2 years of coding experience in any scripting language.
- Experience and high proficiency in at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, R.
- Knowledge and proficiency in UNIX.
- Experience using Git.
- Basic knowledge in biology and/or biochemistry
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing data and relevant tools
- Background in using different statistical models and Machine Learning / Deep Learning techniques
- Experience in web user interface applications and database design
- First and foremost, to be independent and a strong team-player.
- Driven and Self-motivated. Willingness to tackle and drive execution of challenging projects. Passionate about biology and cancer research.
- Ability to learn and deliver work in fast-paced and diverse environment.
- Comfortable communicating and working alongside a diverse team of scientists and medical professionals, and industrial staff.