Title: Bioinformatics Analyst
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Lewis Cantley Lab
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Exempt
Performs computational analysis of genomic data; writes computer code and scripts to implement analytical pipelines.
- Performs custom bioinformatics and statistical analyses involving genomic and transcriptomics data.
- Assists with developing new software tools and writes code for specific analyses.
- Implements analytics pipeline using scripting and coding.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
B.S. in molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering or computer science desired. MS or PhD in systems biology, bioinformatics or computer biology is highly desired.
Approximately 2 years of related experience.
Knowledge proficiency in Unix.
Programming experience in at least one of the following languages: R C, C++, Python, Perl, Java.
Experience in biology and/or cancer biology is preferred.
Experience working in an academic environment is highly desired.
Previous experience in designing and building bioinformatics workflows preferred.
Previous experience analyzing and summarizing genomic datasets preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with R and Python programming, statistical analyses and use of next generation sequencing tools such as STAR, TopHat, CuffLinks, BWA, GATK and others.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and excellent written and oral communication skills, required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with genomics and bioinformatics in a clinical laboratory including setting up, testing and maintaining bioinformatics workflows
- Ability to learn and deliver work in fast-paced and diverse environment