WSDOT is currently seeking a motivated individual with strong technical and office engineering skills to join our construction office in Everett, WA. You will ensure highway construction projects are documented in compliance with agency policies and practices. In addition, you will be responsible for accurately processing correspondence, change order preparation and material submittals to support safe, reliable, and cost-efficient transportation options for the public. We are looking for a person who is self-motivated, can work independently as well as with others with minimal supervision, and takes ownership in one’s work. This is a fantastic entry-level opportunity that allows you to progress through the Transportation Engineer field.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Transportation Engineer 2 will:
- Prepare change orders and process contractor submittals related to materials for projects assigned to the organization.
- Maintain the Record of Material (ROM) using a computer for each contract; prepare materials packet for pre-construction and pre-paving meetings.
- Review asphalt and concrete mix design and documentation received from the contractor for conformance with the contract plans, provisions, standards specifications, standard plans, and construction manual.
- Communicate and coordinate with WSDOT Materials Lab and other offices, contractors, and fabrication inspectors to resolve material related inquiries and issues.
- Provide technical assistance to project inspectors, field testers and contractors regarding sampling, testing and documentation for materials used on project