Protecting Washington State’s environment for current and future generations is what we do every day at Ecology. We have a culture that is invested in making a difference. If you want to join a team that is highly effective, collaborative, has leadership that embraces the value of people, Ecology is a good fit.
The Regional Director’s Office is hiring a Regional Director Assistant (Administrative Assistant 4) position. This position will be located in our Central Regional Office (CRO) in Union Gap, WA.
The Regional Director Assistant supports the agency’s mission by providing direct, high-level, confidential administrative support to the Central Regional Director, with delegated authority and responsibility for administrative matters, including providing efficient skill and professional communication in all matters affecting the Regional Director. This position supervises the CRO’s primary receptionist. The Central Regional Director’s team is a group of hardworking individuals that take pride in their work and take pride in being a “team.” It’s a supportive environment where members of the team are encouraged to find new and improved ways of doing things.
We are looking for applicants who possess excellent people skills, the ability to stay grounded and positive in a very dynamic fast-paced environment. You must have a good sense of humor, the ability to solve problems, be willing to work alongside your team and have the ability to go with the flow. We are a very close knit office and looking for a person that will enhance our culture.
As an agency, our mission is to protect, preserve and enhance Washington’s environment for current and future generations. We invest in our employees to create and sustain a working environment that encourages creative leadership, effective resource management, teamwork, professionalism and accountability.
Local efforts… Diverse people… Statewide impacts
The Central Region Director represents the agency Director, leads a regional leadership team, embodies the One-Ecology philosophy, and oversees ecology’s operations in the agency’s Central Region. The Regional Director further supports the agency mission by overseeing a regional administrative services section that is responsible for ensuring the regional office is open for business 8 am to 5 pm every weekday, and providing high-quality customer service.
Some of the key work activities of the Regional Director Assistant position are:
- Manage the Regional Director’s schedule and correspondence.
- Represent the Regional Director and the Agency both internally and externally.
- Supervises the Front Desk Receptionist Office Assistant 3 (OA3).
- Provides leadership and advocacy for teamwork and collaboration within the Central Regional Administrative Section and with the statewide Senior Administrative Leadership Team (SALT).
This position is support critical and an in office environment. The schedule is Monday – Friday. Position may work a flexible [8 hours/day] schedule, between the hours of 7:30 and 5:30. Work assignments may require occasional travel, including overnight stays up to two nights per occurrence throughout the state.
This position will remain open until filled, with an initial screening date of February 17, 2021. In order to be considered for initial screening, please submit an application on or before February 16, 2021 . The agency reserves the right to make an appointment any time after the initial screening date.
High School graduation or GED.
Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting or general administrative work.
Equivalent education/experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis up to a maximum of two (2) years if the additional requirements below are met.
- Two (2) years of the required years of experience must include providing direct administrative support to a high-level executive manager.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and possess highly proficient editing and proofreading skills excellent customer service skills and must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Bilingual preferred being able to read, write and speak English and Spanish proficiently.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Associates degree in business administration or a bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, organizational management, human resource management, or related fields.
- Six months of supervision/lead experience/and or project management experience.
- Five plus years of executive level administrative support.
- Please complete the applicant profile when applying for this position. Or, you may paste the text of your resume within the profile’s resume text field.
- A cover letter describing how your experience, skills and abilities meet the required qualifications of this position.
- A resume outlining your professional experience.
- Please to do NOT include your salary history. Wage/salary depends on qualifications or rules of promotion, if applicable.
- Please read the supplemental questions carefully and answer completely. Incomplete responses, including “please see resume,” may disqualify you from further consideration.
When attaching documents to your application (Resume, Cover Letter, Transcripts, DD-214, etc.):
- Please be sure to remove private information such as your social security number, date of birth, etc.
- Do not attach documents that are password protected as these documents may not be reviewed and may cause errors within your application when downloaded.
It is in the candidate’s best interest to submit all of the documents listed above. Applications without these documents may be declined.
Department of Ecology employees, please make sure to answer the agency-wide questions regarding permanent status as a classified employee within the Washington General Service or Washington Management Service. Do not forget to select Department of Ecology as a response to question 2, and type your personnel ID number for question 3. If you are not sure of your status or do not know your personnel ID number, please contact Human Resources at (360) 407-6186.
If you are reading this announcement in print format, please visit www.careers.wa.gov to access the online recruitment system. Click on “Look for Jobs” and select Dept. of Ecology under the “Department” search list. Click “Apply Search.”
If you need assistance applying for this job, please call Human Resources at (360) 407-6186 or e-mail email@example.com. Please do not call this number or send an email to this address to follow-up the status of your application. You can view the latest status of your application on your profile’s main page.
If you have specific questions about the position, please email Sage Park at: Sage.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact Sage to inquire about the status of your application.
The act of submitting application materials electronically is considered affirmation that the information is complete and truthful. The state may verify this information and any untruthful or misleading answers are cause for rejection of your application or dismissal if employed.
The Washington State Department of Ecology is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans, military spouses or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application/testing process or this job announcement in an alternative format may call (360) 407-6186. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.