Washington is America’s Top State according to U.S. News (2019) and we provide one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. Here at the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I), we believe that your voice matters. We value our employees and offer flexible schedules that respect your work/life balance. In addition, L&I is a diverse state agency dedicated to the safety and health and security of Washington’s 3 million workers.
To learn more about L&I, please click on the link below!
Help injured workers heal and return to work!
You have an opportunity to make a difference. Are you interested in being a part of something big? To help injured workers heal and return to work? Make workplaces safe? To help honest workers, businesses and providers by cracking down on the dishonest ones? Come be part of the team that works for the employer of choice!
¡Los trabajadores que hablan español necesitan su ayuda! Las posiciones español bilingüe ganan un 5% adicional de salario.
Your future career at Labor & Industries starts here:
- 22-month apprenticeship program, which includes 10 months of classroom training
- A personal coach/mentor assigned to you
- Alignment with a team of experienced Claim Managers
- Medical, legal and vocational professionals to assist you
- Journey-level certification upon successful completion
Some of what you’ll do:
This job is complex. Claim Managers adjudicate and manage workers’ compensation claims by authorizing or denying medical, vocational and monetary benefits and ensuring statutory time limits are met. As an apprentice you will do this while having your work checked for quality and accuracy.
The right person for this job will enjoy a challenging, ever-changing environment and possess the ability to work with people needing help.
Successful Claim Managers:
- Have strong and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, be organized and work well under pressure
- Calmly handle adversarial situations while maintaining a good sense of judgment and making sound decisions
- Are comfortable answering a high volume of phone calls in a customer-focused environment
- Easily move through multiple computer programs and type 40 words per minute (WPM), accounting for errors
- Are motivated to research and interpret facts, apply rules, policies and laws fairly and objectively
- Have experience responding to difficult and sensitive situations with a strong sense of empathy and compassion
- Can perform multiple tasks under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality or accuracy
- Are committed to being on-time and here 40 hours per week
Work Schedule Expectations:
Work shifts available for the first 10 months:
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Flex/alternate work schedules will not be considered until the classroom training is complete. Additionally, vacation will not be granted during the first 12 months, unless it’s during a built in break week. Overtime may be granted, with prior approval, after the classroom training is complete.
- $ 3715.00 monthly beginning salary (87% of 48G for non-bilingual positions
- $ 3843.00 after six months
- $ 3971.00 after ten months
- $ 4270.00 after 22-months (Journey Level)
- 5% Annual Periodic Increase after completion of apprenticeship program from $4270.00 – $4829.00
Additional Salary Information:
- Spanish Bilingual jobs include a 5% salary increase for dual language responsibilities.
- Permanent state employees who come into the program at or above 48 G will be offered 100% 48G.
- Permanent state employees who come into the program between 87% and 99% of 48 G will retain their current salary until they naturally progress in accordance with standards of apprenticeship.
- All others will be placed at 87% of 48G, until they naturally progress in accordance with standards of apprenticeship.
** If accepted into this apprenticeship program, you may qualify for an apprenticeship stipend through your GI bill
One year experience providing proactive and comprehensive customer service and customer specific problem solving OR one year in a workers’ compensation or crime victims’ program OR a bachelor’s degree. Experience working in insurance, investigation, medical office, business management, military administration or related field will substitute year-for-year for education.
A professionally formatted cover letter describing how your skills and abilities will make you a successful Claim Manager.
The ability to type 40 WPM accounting for errors. Please provide an online typing assessment, ensuring it includes net WPM and is a minimum of 5 minutes in length.
To see a typing assessment that meets the requirements visit http://www.typingtest.com/. Select and take the 5-minute assessment. Take a screen shot of your result (must include minutes taken), save, and attach during the online application process. Please do not send a link.
***Visit www.typingtest.com or any online typing assessment that provides a 5 minute test***
Your application will be considered incomplete if your cover letter and Typing Assessment are not attached.
The passing applicants will be invited directly through neogov to attend an assessment. It is your responsibility to ensure that you check you email inbox/spam/junk box for this email. This assessment will be held during the month of January and will be approximately 2 hours long.
Top passing candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described above.
Applications submitted will contain the following:
- A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
- A screenshot, photo, or scan of a minimum 5-minute typing test that meets net wpm of 40. www.freetypingtest.com
- At least three professional references (supervisors) with current telephone numbers. We will not contact these references prior to receiving your authorization
- Prior to appointment, a background check that includes a criminal record history review, will be conducted.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
- Candidates who are offered a job with L&I must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers. For further information please contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Employer
Here at Labor and Industries our employees come from all walks of life as do we. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We believe in the importance of recognizing the value each of us contribute to the success of the mission of the agency. Having a diverse workforce is this agency’s greatest resource of strength and knowledge. It is through the combination of talents and abilities that we can pursue finding effective measures on how we can provide the best customer service. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone and we strongly mean everyone.
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance in the application process or testing process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700 . TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our award-winning diverse and inclusive organization.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, program, or the agency please contact HR Business Transformation at firstname.lastname@example.org.