Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Special Events Assistant will support the marketing team with a variety of day-to-day and long-term projects, including campaigns, event coordination, business development, writing, and design. The Special Events Assistant will be a flexible self-starter who communicates clearly, multitasks, and manages time effectively. This position is an hourly position with a rate of $13 – $15 per hour.
A few of the responsibilities:
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts for sponsorship with final approval from Marketing Director.
- Manage, organize, and submit funds for coop reimbursement and report on coop funding on a monthly basis to all stakeholders.
- Work with media and public relations team to coordinate press events including messaging being released on time and effectively promoting the event.
- Assist in negotiating event sponsorship with new and current event activations.
- Assist in event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Edit your own and others’ writing for advertising efforts to ensure there is proper and consistent brand messaging.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of public relations and promotional materials such as advertisements, brochures, press releases including pre and post event releases, articles, newsletters, etc. – with clear, targeted messaging.
- Create a strategy for continuous outreach including stories that can be built from current efforts, employee stories, legacy stories, women in the industry stories, feature stories etc.
- Please review the job posting on our Careers page for more details.
A few of the qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university in marketing, advertising or related field of study.
- Minimum one year of marketing or advertising experience.
- Intermediate level of competency using Microsoft Office Suite, Web Analytics and Google AdWords.