Role and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for learning all aspects of the sales cycle for Warren products. Responsibilities and job functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop product knowledge for all Warren products
- Learn parts for various products and lead the sales of spare parts along with assigned territory
- Learn sales process including CRM system, order entering, product delivery/pickup, and follow-through
- Configure and cost products for sales staff
- Work with Assistant General Manager to learn sales accounts in general geographic region you may be assigned
- Ride along with sales manager
- Spend time on manufacturing floor learning processes and work flow
- Assist RSMs in communications with customers within the territory on a regular basis to develop rapport and better understand their needs (“regular basis” will be determined by manager)
- Achieve established sales goals to reach designated sales volume
- Learn how to submit weekly call reports to manager for review, discussion, and plan implementation
- Learn how to submit expense reports to manager for approval weekly
- Learn how to troubleshoot problems with customers regarding products sold
- Attend trade shows and events as designated by manager
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by management
- Participate in a team environment
Qualifications and Education Requirements
This position requires a college degree or equivalent sales experience in a related industry.
Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
The employee must be able to operate Microsoft Office with the ability to navigate Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as needed to perform job duties. The employee must be able to use Microsoft Outlook to send and read emails, as well as to use the Calendar feature. The employee must have excellent personal and presentation skills and be able to give product presentations as needed to complete job responsibilities. This position requires the employee to learn the company ERP software (currently Great Plains) to configure, quote, and order equipment per current company policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee must have the ability to travel by airplane and car to meet with current and prospective customers. The employee must also be able to visit customer facilities and work trade shows/events, which requires walking/standing for extended periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work an average of 40 hours a week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires at or above 50% travel. Travel is frequently outside the local area and requires overnight stay. Travel plans should be pre-approved by management. Occasional weekend travel is required.