Role and Responsibilities
This position is a full time position dedicated to handling various accounting tasks at Warren. The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Prepare appropriate monthly reports on time
· Process all cash receipts in timely manner
· File state and local sales and use tax returns on time and make all appropriate deposits on time
· Create and maintain bills of material
· Participate in taking physical inventory and assist in its valuatioin
· Send out monthly statements to any customers with outstanding balances
· Receive and process all payables in a timely manner
· Collect and maintain FET and Sales Exemption forms from appropriate customers
· Calculate monthly material cost
· Calculate commission payments for salespeople and report to VP of Finance
· Assist the Materials Manager with purchasing as asked
· Accurately record all transactions in the company’s books of record
· Participate in team atmosphere
Qualifications and Education Requirements
This position requires a college degree.
The employee must be able to operate Microsoft Office with the ability to navigate Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as needed to perform job duties. The employee must be able to use Microsoft Outlook to send and read emails, as well as to use the Calendar feature. The employee must have adequate accounting skills, and follow the direction of the VP of Finance and other managers. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are required for this position. This position requires the employee to learn the company software (currently Great Plains) in order to effectively fulfill the requirements and duties of the accountant position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee will operate primarily in an office setting, but may be required to occasionally spend time in the shop. The employee must be able to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.