Apprise is seeking an Associate to work on its Valuation team. The qualified candidate will leverage industry-leading big data and machine learning technology to produce narrative appraisal reports and underwriting analyses for local to national FDIC banks, investment banks, GSE mortgage companies, debt funds, investment managers, real estate operators, etc. This position offers substantial exposure to both the broad multifamily market as well as asset-level investments. The successful candidate seeking to expand their knowledge of multifamily real estate will advise clients on market-rate, affordable, student, senior, manufactured, and mixed-use housing properties, both existing and new construction.
What you will be doing:
• Participate in all aspects of preparing FIRREA-compliant appraisal reports around the Southwest U.S.
• Compile and research macro- and micro-level market and property sales research
• Catalog and analyze property-specific financial due-diligence materials including operating statements (P&Ls), rent rolls, purchase and sale agreements, offering memoranda, investment pro forma, construction cost and operating budgets, federal housing subsidy contracts, etc.
• Conduct market research to collect and analyze comparable sales, rents, expenses, taxes etc.
• Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders, often in combination with travel
• Other duties as assigned
The education and experience we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree (Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or Business preferred)
• 2 + years of commercial/multifamily real estate valuation, underwriting, or financial analysis experience
• Active and good standing General Appraiser Certification or Appraiser Trainee license
What skills you should have:
• Proficiency with Windows OS and Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong analytical skills: proven acumen in financial modeling or real estate underwriting
• Working knowledge of commercial real estate data services: REIS, CoStar, RealPage, Yardi, ESRI, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable on the phone with market participants
• Strong literary and grammatical competency; very comfortable with business-formal writing composition
• Strong propensity to take initiative with minimal direction
• A genuine interest in PropTech and multifamily real estate
• Data science, statistics, or software programming experience, skills, or interest desirable
• Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes
• Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address. Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.