Work Location: 151 South Rose Street Suite 800, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
About This Opportunity
In this mid-level Mechanical Engineering role, you will design HVAC, Fire Protection and Plumbing systems for some of the largest structures in the world, including resort, casino and airport parking structures. You will also conduct energy and life-cycle analysis of HVAC systems for new and existing structures.
- Provide HVAC, plumbing, fire sprinkler, and standpipe designs.
- Participate in project meetings, create budgets and estimate construction costs.
- Evaluate existing HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems and provide recommendations.
- Work with clients, project managers, and architects to evaluate thermal envelope requirements.
- Design systems to the latest energy and building codes.
- Work with the leading HVAC manufacturers on the latest trends in HVAC systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET Accredited University required.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the United States (preferred) or EIT (Engineer in Training) with the goal of obtaining a Professional Engineering license in the United States within one year.
- Strong computer, writing, communication and team skills are necessary.
- Willingness to travel to jobsites.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Solid knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and experience in the design of ventilation, air conditioning, heating, and system controls. (preferred).
- Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineering experience (preferred).
- Previous experience with parking structure design.
- LEED Accreditation a plus.
Benefits of Joining Walker
As a skilled member of the Walker family, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop your skills surrounded by committed, talented and enthusiastic co-workers. In addition to competitive compensation, as a full-time employee, Walker offers vacation retreats, tuition and licensure reimbursement, 401(k) match and HSA employer contribution, commuter benefit accounts, medical, dental, vision insurance, and more!
Who We Are
Walker is a 100% employee-owned company of many capabilities offering professional services to clients in the private and public market sectors. Walker maintains a strong foundation as an industry leader in all aspects of parking planning, design, engineering, restoration and consulting that encompass operations, technology, and mobility solutions engaging a wide spectrum of specialists and renowned experts who have been advancing standards in the industry for several decades.
However, our abilities reach far beyond just parking and include highly experienced advisors in forensics who provide investigative assessments, creative repair solutions, and litigation support on all types of facilities around the world impacted by natural events as well as design or construction defects.
Additionally, we are among the largest providers of restoration and building envelope services in the industry. The combination of our structural engineering design excellence, building science experts, and vast geographic presence make Walker the first choice for these services throughout the country.
Walker Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We invite all qualified applicants to apply and do not discriminate against individuals because of their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or age.