Position: Digital Strategist
Supervisor: Director of Digital Programs
Organization Description: The Voter Participation Center (VPC) is the nation’s largest non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to registering and mobilizing voters from the New American Majority (NAM) – people of color, unmarried women and young people – who make up the majority of the potential electorate but have been historically underrepresented in political participation and power. Using direct mail, digital and social media outreach, guided by rigorous data science and experimentation, and working closely with a multitude of partner organizations, VPC connects with millions of voters each year, building the foundation for a more representative democracy.
Over 17 years VPC has helped more than 5.6 million people register to vote. In 2020, as COVID-19 shut down most forms of in-person voter contact, VPC helped more than 4.6 million people apply to vote by mail & cast ballots, registered more than 1.6 million people, and assisted millions of voters in voting early and safely to reduce pressures on polling places on Election Day.
VPC programs are flexible, nimble and scalable. VPC is driven by a commitment to constant research, testing, experimentation and evaluation, and thus offers many of the most cost effective, proven, high-impact programs in the civic engagement field.
The Center for Voter Information (CVI) is VPC’s partner organization, and is a separate but affiliated 501(c)4 non-profit that works to engage both the NAM as well as members of the broader electorate who share their values.
Position Overview: VPC and CVI are seeking a full time digital strategist to support the VPC’s and CVI’s digital programs to register, mobilize and inform the electorate via research-informed tactics and strategies. This role could be based out of our Washington DC office or remote.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting implementation of the VPC and CVI digital ads programs for online voter registration, digital vote-by mail and mobilization programs
- Designing and testing new messaging ideas for online voter registration and vote by mail pushes
- Testing new and innovative approaches to digital ads work
- Helping to ensure that programs aimed at increasing participation among historically underrepresented communities are culturally competent and produce the intended impact
- Keeping up to date tracking and reporting for individual digital projects
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years professional experience, including experience with paid digital programs
- Experience with paid digital strategies and tactics including digital platforms and SMS preferred
- Experience with digital direct acquisition programs preferred
- Experience on electoral or advocacy campaigns preferred
- Excellent communication, writing, and time-management skills
- An understanding or willingness to learn about the testing and analytical approaches and tools used by the private sector and/or the civic engagement community to measure impact
- A commitment to equity and erasing the gaps in political participation in this country
- Familiarity with the civic engagement and progressive political landscape
- A track record of getting results in a fast-paced environment
- Google grant experience a plus!
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000. This is a full-time position. VPC and CVI offer an excellent benefits package, including 100% coverage of healthcare premiums.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references. Interested Candidates can APPLY HERE. Applications submitted by February 19, 2021 will be given priority. All other applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. References are not contacted until you are notified.
VPC/CVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly value the leadership of people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and other traditionally marginalized communities, and encourage diverse candidates to apply.