Vorbeck is seeking an Electrical Engineer with extensive experience in RF circuit design. Vorbeck participates in product development in a wide range of fields, from apparel, industrial, and military and first responders. The ideal candidate has technical knowledge and experience in multiple areas of electrical engineering, including but not limited to circuit design and RF engineering.
The ideal candidate is open to new ideas and works well in a team environment, while also being detail oriented and self-motivating in order to drive projects forward efficiently.
Typical Work Activities:
· Design Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for RF front ends using Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software
· Design RF elements using Electromagnetic Simulation Software
· Perform original wideband RF and Microwave design for applications requiring broadband frequency coverage
· Participate in multiple aspects of product design from concept through to system design
· Reading design specifications and technical drawings
· Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales
· Qualifying the final product or system
· Preparing product documentation
· Work closely with other engineers with different disciplines to meet customer requirements
· BS or MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience or PhD in Electrical/RF Engineering
· Extensive Experience with electronic design automation (EDA)
· Strong RF PCB design and development skills
· Experience with RF modelling tools (FEKO, HFSS or similar)
· Must have hands-on experience in troubleshooting and analyzing RF circuitry
· Demonstrate good understanding of entire chain of RF systems, including spectrum, antenna, transmission path, interference, modulation, MAC, and network topologies.
· Strong oral/written communication skills; a positive, open-minded attitude; as well as an ability to work in a team environment or independently as required
· Must be a U.S. citizen
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. However, one qualification for this position is to work on government contracts that only allow US citizens.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.