Vorbeck is seeking a Software Engineer or Electrical Engineer with extensive experience in embedded firmware development. Vorbeck participates in product development in a wide range of fields, from apparel, industrial, and military and first responders. The ideal candidate has technical knowledge and experience in multiple areas of computer science or electrical engineering, including but not limited to embedded software design.
The ideal candidate is open to new ideas and works well in a team environment, while also being detail oriented and self-motivating in order to drive projects forward efficiently.
Typical Work Activities:
· Designs, develops and documents technical aspects of embedded software systems and related hardware interface components for Vorbeck products.
· Analyze and integrate firmware involving new microcontroller technologies
· Program processors using C/C++ and assembly language to implement core firmware components.
· Design and implement tests to verify firmware.
· Provides technical expertise and proactive solutions for product and process improvements.
· Assists department members with technical advice.
· Qualifying the final product or system
· Preparing product documentation
· Work closely with other engineers with different disciplines to meet customer requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. However, one qualification for this position is to work on government contracts that only allow US citizens.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.