Our mission is to Create Delightful Human Environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has revitalized something that hasn’t changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world, real estate.
View is a technology company creating smart and connected buildings to improve people’s health and wellness, while simultaneously reducing energy consumption to mitigate the effects of climate change. View is the market leader in smart windows that let in natural light and views and enhance mental and physical well-being by reducing headaches, eyestrain, and drowsiness. Every View installation includes a ‘smart building platform’ that consists of power, network, and communication infrastructure. For more information, please visit view.com
If you have ever dreamed of changing the world to make it a better place – join us!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
In this position, you will be performing maintenance responsibilities on world class manufacturing equipment at our Olive Branch, MS factory. You will be working with other maintenance technicians, equipment engineers, technicians, and operations staff to ramp production in our high-volume manufacturing facility. You will be able to make an impact from day one given the size of the team, and have your ideas heard and adopted. View’s product is primed for accelerated adoption, and we are only getting started!
- Monitoring and maintaining all equipment as assigned
- Installing, replacing or changing machine parts and attachments
- Dismantling machines for repair using appropriate tools and equipment
- Reassembling machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work
- Performing preventive maintenance
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Observing operation of equipment to determine efficiency and detect problems
- Inspecting or testing damaged machine parts; marking defective areas and advising supervisors of repair needs
- Recording repair and machine maintenance data
- Reading work orders and specifications to identify machines requiring repair
- Collaborating with coworkers to repair or move machines, parts and equipment
- Monitoring work being performed by outside contractors
- Complying with all safety policies and procedures when performing maintenance
- Performing additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisors and managers
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 + years of equipment maintenance experience
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze electrical/mechanical schematics, block diagrams and flow charts
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic processes
- Ability to make sound equipment maintenance decisions under minimal direction
- Ability to physically able to push, pull and lift, at times heavy loads throughout the day
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of HAZMAT, MSDS, EPA, and OSHA requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with production staff
- Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- 5+ years of equipment and facilities maintenance experience Experience in a glass manufacturing or processing industry
- Experience in glass coating, semiconductor, disc drive or similar industries
- Knowledge of Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) vacuum coating processes or equipment
Maintenance Apprenticeship program, or an Associates degree related to field of study, or maintenance program or military maintenance school.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.