What you’ll be doing…
This entry-level role – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in a new field through on-the-job training. As part of the Global Network Management organization, you will help keep our customers all over the world connected with their work. Whether a Developer, Architect, or Analyst, you will make life easier for our customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
– Developing and building applications that add new features and content.
– Developing all backend and cloud services that communicate Verizon’s long term strategy in the entertainment area through partnerships.
– Building tools and code to automate the self help apps and chatbots for digital support.
– Building new products and services used for tracking solutions with sensors, and wearable devices such as Gizmo or Caresmart.
– Supporting the team to build applications and enhancements for smart lighting, smart traffic, and parking optimization.
– Designing, developing,and the product portfolios for Security, Messaging, VZ Cloud, and financial services.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science and Mechanics, Analytics, Business Administration, Business Intelligence, or related majors with an expected completion date by August 2021.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Irving, TX.
Even better if you have:
– Strong analytical skills, communication, leadership, and presentation skills.
When you join Verizon
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.