Vectorworks, Inc. is looking for a motivated Accounting Associate, who will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day activities of accounts payable & accounts receivable and ensuring the timely processing of payments to vendors and posting and reconciliation of customer receipts. Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with other teams and outside vendors as you gain more knowledge in the practices of a corporate accounting team.
What’s in it for you?
Are you looking for a company focused on innovation and emerging technology that helps customers around the world reach their creative potential? Vectorworks, Inc. is a design solution software company with over 685,000 global customers in the architecture, landscape and entertainment design industries.
If you are detail-oriented with a passion for problem-solving and collaboration, this is the position for you!
In this role, you should expect to:
- Record, code, and sort vendor invoices
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Perform Monthly Account Reconciliations
- Maintain all accounts payable and related spreadsheets
- Summarize and prepare credit card statement expenses
- Assist with employee reimbursements
- Assist in preparing weekly outgoing payment schedule, ACH, Wire transfers & EFT
- Assist in setting up vendor invoices to be approved in DocuSign
- Assist in maintaining vendor and customer files
- Answer vendor and customer inquiries
- Assist with monthly closings
- Assist with preparation of annual 1099’s, W-9, W-8’s etc.
- Post monthly accruals and transaction journal entries
- Support accounts receivables
- Apply customer payments against invoices (e.g., lockbox, credits, chargebacks).
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies (PayPal & Stripe merchant accounts, checking, etc.)
- Perform other duties as required to support Accounting Department
Why do you want this job? Because you are:
- Someone who is self-motivated and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining consistency and accuracy
- A self-starter who can flourish under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with interest in helping others within the company, while working under tight deadlines
- Able to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
Why do we want you? Because you have:
- An associate degree in accounting, business management, finance or a related field is preferred, or 2 years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of Netsuite, SAP Business One, Concur, Paypal and/or Stripe, or other CRM/ERP accounting systems, etc.
- Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets
Join our team
We’re building something that people use every day. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. Together, we work hard, we play hard, and are driven by a nonstop curiosity to explore, experiment and innovate. It takes a lot of hard work and support from colleagues around the world — an entire team united behind something big, something that helps shape the future of design.
By working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to solve problems, develop your career, and make a difference. You’ll find a wide range of benefits, including competitive compensation plans, employer-matched retirement accounts, tuition reimbursement, and a free medical plan option. You can also enjoy company perks, such as weekly catered lunches, an on-site fitness center and deli, free yoga and fitness classes, free monthly massages, and more.
Vectorworks Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer