Vecna Robotics seeks a Solutions Design Engineer to apply our cutting-edge technology to robots and software for automated material handling, hybrid fulfillment, and workflow optimization. Along with Business Development and Sales, this role will work directly to introduce and integrate our solutions into customer operations, solving real-world problems. The ideal candidate will have a technical background, customer-facing experience, and superior analytical skills.
Reporting to the Solutions Design Manager, this is a full-time, salaried position and will require a heavy travel schedule (up to 50% – often on short notice).
In this role, you will:
- Analyze customer problems and develop solutions that utilize Vecna Robotics’ base of core products.
- Visit sites with Business Development and Sales to assess solutions for the customer and present various use case options.
- Understand and document customers’ operations and needs.
- Develop proposals, functional requirements, and solutions design plans and documents.
- Utilize Athena & Tableau to create and develop appropriate analytics and reporting (Internal & External).
- Analyze current operations for inefficiencies and opportunities for automation.
- Assess current product capabilities and gaps with respect to customer needs.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Collaborate with customers and cross-functional internal teams to determine the best way to apply our solutions.
- Provide pre-sales demo and tradeshow/event support to Sales team.
What we are looking for:
- Engineering/Technical background required.
- BS required; equivalent experience considered.
- Experience with CAD tools to extract design details and overlay solution components.
- Competent with Athena, Tableau and MS Office Suite (MS Power Automate a plus).
- Previous work experience with robots, AGVs, or warehousing/material handling preferred (academic projects not included).
- Initiative and passion for solving customer problems and learning new technologies.
- Ability to work with, interpret, and present data to provide reporting/analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative, organized, careful and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with IT and system integration is a plus.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.