This role is responsible for accurate preparation of bills receivable and for safeguarding the company’s income through expeditiously and proactively working with teams to invoice clients in a time sensitive manner. Works closely with Project Managers and other internal teams and clients to seek information, organize and analyze data and respond to questions verbally and by emails in a professional manner. The ideal candidate will build strong relationships through knowledge and through exemplary follow up and follow through.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all aspects of customer invoicing for window treatment Purchase Orders.
• Receive and review email updates “Billing Notification” from the Project Managers to determine what project activity requires invoicing during various completed stages of work.
• Review items to bill per update and capture additional charges:
o verifying all PO line items to be invoiced
o trips charges, lodging fees, etc.
o freight charges to be added or credited
• Confirm accuracy of information loaded into project database and work closely with Project Managers to verify and collect additional information needed to process invoices as necessary.
• Generate invoices in Quick Books.
• Update “Freight” tab in project database to reflect date PP&A (prepaid & add) freight was captured and invoiced.
• Provide final review of all invoices for accuracy (before emailing to customer) .
• Email invoices to customer.
· If invoice is a final invoice:
o Reconcile the data input in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of all invoices processed against PO to ensure total of all invoices (less additional fees) equals PO value.
o Mark the sales order inactive in Quick Books.
o Update project database status – enter final invoice date in “Complete” field on Job Summary Page.
• Respond to and resolve customer inquiries related to invoicing, verification of charges, deposit application, and related. Work with appropriate teams as necessary to resolve.
• Prepare reconciliation spreadsheets reflecting PO invoicing activity as requested and/or necessary
• Process Credit Memos
o Complete and submit credit request form
o Upon approval, create memo and apply to appropriate invoice
o Print new invoice copy reflecting credit and email to customer
• Process and email Daily Invoice Activity Report to manager.
• Assist with collections on past due accounts as assigned by manager.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager and leaders within Accounting team.
· BA in Accounting or at least 5-6 years of billing and accounts receivable experience in a service, distribution or manufacturing environment desired. Experience in similar industries is a plus. (Drapery, window treatments, roller shades, etc.)
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of: Accounting Software (QuickBooks); Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation software (PowerPoint); Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to learn and accurately utilize new software as introduced by company.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Travel required to NE campus (Massachusetts) at least once a month for training during first 90 days of employment.
· Previous experience in Window Treatment industry is strongly preferred.
· Strong math skills
· Highly competent working in a fast pace environment and short deadlines.
· Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines.
· Accuracy and reliability in handling accounts and documents.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity, and meet deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valley Forge Fabrics, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability