Valley Forge Fabrics partners with the world’s best design teams to co-create custom decorative textiles and design solutions for global hospitality environments. We are a 40 years young, trusted and financially secure company that has strong focus on sustainability and innovation. Our Headquarters is in palm-lined Fort Lauderdale but our reach into the hospitality design industry is global. This might just be the time to spread your textiles wings and soar!
As an Account Manager in NYC, you will focus on maintaining and elevating our close customer relationships in Manhattan while being supported by an internal team of project managers in our corporate design center. You will become an insider to the most exciting upcoming hotel projects while entertaining our customers regularly to lunch, dinner and wine events, art events, sporting events and the like – so, if you enjoy an active ‘out of the office’ experience on a daily basis this opportunity might be woven just for you. Account Managers with Valley Forge are awarded a generous base salary, world-class benefits with opportunity for bonus at end of each calendar year as well as travel and expense accounts and training in South Florida and in NYC.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has superb relationship building and communications skills, enjoys the spotlight and entertaining and who is esthetically curious, optimistic, hyper-energized, organized and efficient. They must also possess excellent customer service and problem-solving skills and be a tenacious project closer with a keen eye for the movement in fashion, interior design and architecture.
Valley Forge clients are stylish, smart and fun-loving (we are also!) and most work within extremely challenging project deadlines. Our role is to help deliver on our customers’ unique design dreams and to ensure cohesive attention to project timelines all the while making ourselves one of the best parts of their day when we visit them. A typical work day starts early, delivering requested textile samples, making a lunch presentation on a new product from our offering, dropping off books from our newest collections, consulting with a client on a new and hip resort and engaging them in our vast textile library for inspiration, and perhaps ending with a ‘wine down afternoon’ for a special customer or hosting a group of clients for a design or art event.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to develop custom designs and solicit orders
- Present or demonstrate products, using samples, PowerPoint presentation or catalogs, and emphasizes design, function, sustainability and performance features while focusing on client design, end-use and budget requirements
- Coordinate with inside sales and project management teams to keep account activities, literature and needs current
- Develop and maintain relationships with specification and purchasing contacts
- Investigate, diffuse and resolve challenges with regards to samples, purchase orders and deliveries within the territory
- Regularly entertain and network with clients and potential clients
- Keep up to date on new design clients and opportunities for engaging on projects outside of our established customer base
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 0-2 years of experience working in public relations, commercial design and/or project management, event promotion, professional business-to-business sales, etc.
- Must be socially savvy and comfortable entertaining design clients, regularly entertaining and networking outside of normal working hours
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity are required
- Must have a high level of ownership and accountability with strong organizational skills and the ability to remain focused while simultaneously managing competing projects and priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to concisely and precisely articulate important project details to clients and internal design teams is required
- Experience using MS Excel, CRM and ERP systems is preferred.
- Strong presentation skills are required
- Ability to travel regularly is required
The culture at Valley Forge is all about our employees and our community. We are a fast-paced and energized group of people who share a purpose for creating a uniquely beautiful world. We invest our time and resources into each other, our local community, having fun and getting things done.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valley Forge Fabrics, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability