Civil Engineer position in beautiful Pendleton, OR
The Umatilla National Forest is accepting applications for a GS-0810-9/11 Civil Engineer in the beautiful area of eastern Oregon. This position is located at the Supervisor’s Office of the Umatilla National Forest in Pendleton, Oregon.
The incumbent serves as a Civil Engineer and will be responsible for the facilities management program on one or more administrative units on the Umatilla National Forest.
Responsibilities of the Civil Engineer include:
- Provides professional engineering input into the interdisciplinary planning process for natural resource development activities involving engineering projects.
- Develops and modifies civil engineering plans and specifications for new construction. Prepares original designs and preliminary and final layouts.
- Prepares and reviews environmental documents, and special reports with regard to new or improved engineering construction. Coordinates with other resource area specialists to complete environmental documents.
- Responsible for contract compliance on assigned projects. Reviews proposed construction changes and modifications, recommending major changes to superior to ensure the safety of all users.
- Develops project or program proposals to obtain budget approval; preparation of design or, and accomplishment of repair and modification work.
How to Apply:
Make sure to visit our tips for applicants to get you started on your application. https://www.fs.usda.gov/working-with-us/jobs/how-to-apply
For more questions about the position, please email Shaun Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541.278.3957.