The Analyst provides support to the Multifamily Asset Manager and assists with the financial and operational oversight of multifamily real estate assets, including, but not limited to financial and data analysis, leasing activities, capital projects, valuation, property-level and portfolio reporting, interaction with the property management team, and the implementation of comprehensive asset strategies.
- Assist with operational activity for assigned properties through routine interaction with the on-site teams, with a particular emphasis on tracking value-add/renovation projects and associated return metrics.
- Provide support to asset managers by maintaining a high level of knowledge on market fundamentals such as rental rates, occupancy, supply/demand, capital market trends, and transaction activity for assigned geographic areas.
- Perform property-level market valuations for assigned real estate assets each quarter. Maintain ARGUS and DCF models to support market valuations. Provide support and oversight of external appraisals.
- Prepare and coordinate the annual budgeting process for assigned properties. Create variance reports and cash reforecasts as required.
- Prepare, coordinate and ensure timely completion of property-level and portfolio reporting such as annual business plans, quarterly fund reports, monthly status reports, investor specific reports, and other reports as required.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and ownership by assisting with the timely resolution of various property-level issues. Resolve with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing processes and promote the adoption of best practices as related to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Provide secondary support to the Portfolio Management and Dispositions departments as required. May also support other departments with various projects related to Acquisitions, Development, and Capital Markets.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business, Accounting or related field.
- 1 – 3 years of work experience in multifamily real estate.
- Solid understanding of financial analysis concepts.
- Ability to travel. Ability to regularly work extended hours.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job title.
- High level of proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with rent controlled, rent stabilized, and other forms of affordable housing.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.