Job Description Summary
About Inbound Logistics
At US Foods, we are always developing better strategies to optimize inbound supply chain for our 60+ national distribution locations. This requires our team to continuously develop creative new solutions for transportation, routing, vendor management, mode of transportation, and many other key supply chain issues. Our processes are highly data-driven, and we consider change management a core competency that is critical to our success. Partnering with other US Foods supply chain departments, Logistics is proud to provide operational excellence to our customers!
This position requires understanding complex issues and structured problem solving from beginning to end, identifying and resolving issues critical to operational success, and creating management communications to clearly outline progress and results. Specifically, this role will be responsible for determining the accuracy of our data and monitoring logistics profitability through various data driven methods. This role requires a high level of entrepreneurship, excitement, and professionalism to help build the future of the logistics business at US Foods.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and preferably have some experience in supply chain, logistics, data analytics, or foodservice.
The Strategy & Data Consultant will be expected to independently lead analysis efforts and provide mentorship and guidance to junior level analysts. Specific role responsibilities include:
- Drive supply chain performance improvement through projects in margin management, operations planning, logistics and warehousing, cost reduction, and overall strategic planning
- Proactively manage the relationship with cross-functional stakeholders and ensure flow of information and project timelines / outcomes
- Develop communication plans and lead communication efforts with the field or internal / external stakeholders to support the correction of supply chain issues
- Constantly search for, document, and discuss new ways to optimize existing processes and perform root cause analysis to isolate areas for improvement
- Utilize financial, logistical and procurement data bases to develop reporting and tools in order to accurately analyze the day to day business results and build forward looking plans for improvement. Experience in Tableau and SQL a major plus.
- Serves as the logistics subject matter expert to other departments and the field regarding Logistics processes, systems, workflow, and tools by constantly updating your understanding of the current business and industry trends
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access)
- Able to translate data insights from large datasets into specific optimization / improvement actions
- Effective communication teaming skills; capable of developing alignment across Logistics functions and other departments
- Prior experience with logistics management applications (e.g. Llamasoft, TMS, Arrowstream)
- 5-7 years of experience with progressive experience in a highly data-drive / analytical type role
- Undergraduate major in supply chain, operations, statistics, business, or a data-related field
- Prior work experience in supply chain, logistics, data analytics, or foodservice