Universal Engineering Sciences (UES), a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, has an opening for a Staff Engineer.
For nearly six decades, UES has provided essential engineering services and has contributed to the success of some of the most prominent and significant projects in the United States. Experienced and proven, UES is considered a pioneer of the industry and stands at the forefront of emerging technology, best practices, and groundbreaking solutions, to attract the best talent and foster enriching opportunities for career growth. Our work includes both public and private clients and consists of projects ranging from transportation and healthcare to commercial and education. Our engineers, geologists, certified inspectors, and scientists offer an unwavering commitment to excellence, approaching each project as an opportunity to cultivate enduring relationships with our clients.
Built on experience and driven by a determination to see our clients through to success, UES remains focused, optimistic, and grounded in excellence.
In 2020, GFA International, Inc., Nova Geotechnical & Inspection Services, Contour Engineering, and Wallace-Kuhl & Associates strategically merged with UES becoming part of the Universal Engineering Sciences brand of companies—making us the fastest growing, most experienced, resource-rich organization of its kind. Become an important part of our growing family of nearly 1,800 professionals across 33 branches and help contribute to the betterment of communities all across our nation.
Why Work at UES?
- Our family atmosphere promotes a small company feel, even as we continue to grow and expand our regional and national footprint.
- Health Plans – UES employees can choose from three different health plan options including our flagship Health Savings Account (HSA) plan with low premiums and company matching funds deposited directly into your own Health Savings Account!
- Our dental and vision plans offer both in and out of network benefits, giving you the choice to stay with a favorite dentist, orthodontist, or optometrist.
- 401k – Save for retirement with Empower and get a company matching contribution of 50% on the first 6% of compensation, up to $2,000 maximum match.
- There’s plenty of time off too! UES employees accrue generous amounts of Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Holidays!
UES offers the geotechnical and geophysical engineering solutions of the future – today. As pioneers of the geotechnical engineering industry, we offer services for every stage of the project life cycle based on cutting-edge technology. With offices from Florida to California, we maintain multiple state-of-the-art in-house drilling departments and full-service, certified geotechnical laboratories. Our goal is to provide practical design recommendations for safe and stable structures and to ensure our clients are as prepared as possible at the time of construction.
As a Staff Engineer you will be responsible for the various tasks outlined below. If you’re reliable, have a good work ethic, and can cooperate with co-workers and clients respectfully, this is the position for you.
Your day as a Staff Engineer at UES will be both challenging and rewarding. During which, you have the opportunity to create lasting relationships with your team members. On a typical day, you can be expected to:
• Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including engineering analysis, report preparation, field exploration and laboratory services.
• Field and Laboratory sampling and Testing
• Maintain quality standards on all projects.
• Proficient engineering professional responsible for managing and executing small projects of minimal complexity.
• Analyze data, and perform engineering calculations and analysis for PE review.
• Conduct, coordinate or supervise field investigations, laboratory testing, and evaluation of respective data.
• Work closely with senior-level project manager and Professional Engineer of Record to gain project management and engineering experience.
• Makes design recommendations, adaptations and modifications for review and consideration by the Professional Engineer of Record.
• Assist in developing the scope of work for routine projects. Prepares work scope, proposals and reports and plans investigations for approval by senior level professionals.
• May supervise field staff including graduate/field engineers, engineering technicians, exploration teams, laboratory staff and other support personnel.
• Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering from US Accredited Institution
- 0-2 years of geotechnical experience
- Engineering Intern (EI)- highly preferred
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
Check out our website: https://universalengineering.com/