Contour Engineering, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) Company has an opening for a Staff Engineer-EIT. Branch walk-ins welcome.
Contour specializes in geotechnical engineering, environmental/natural resource consulting, and construction materials testing services. Operating from our Georgia and Alabama offices, Contour’s staff consists of qualified and experienced engineers, environmental scientists, ecologists, and geologists. Come become a part of our family. We have a great benefits package including medical, dental, 401k match and much more.
For nearly six decades, UES has provided essential engineering services and has contributed to the success of some of the most prominent and significant projects in the United States. Experienced and proven, UES is considered a pioneer of the industry and stands at the forefront of emerging technology, best practices, and groundbreaking solutions, to attract the best talent and foster enriching opportunities for career growth. Our work includes both public and private clients and consists of projects ranging from transportation and healthcare to commercial and education. Our engineers, geologists, certified inspectors, and scientists offer an unwavering commitment to excellence, approaching each project as an opportunity to cultivate enduring relationships with our clients.
Built on experience and driven by a determination to see our clients through to success, UES remains focused, optimistic, and grounded in excellence.
In 2020, GFA International, Inc., Nova Geotechnical & Inspection Services, Contour Engineering, and Wallace-Kuhl & Associates strategically merged with UES becoming part of the Universal Engineering Sciences brand of companies—making us the fastest growing, most experienced, resource-rich organization of its kind. Become an important part of our growing family of nearly 1,800 professionals across 33 branches and help contribute to the betterment of communities all across our nation.
Why Work at UES?
- Our family atmosphere promotes a small company feel, even as we continue to grow and expand our regional and national footprint.
- Health Plans – UES employees can choose from three different health plan options including our flagship Health Savings Account (HSA) plan with low premiums and company matching funds deposited directly into your own Health Savings Account!
- Our dental and vision plans offer both in and out of network benefits, giving you the choice to stay with a favorite dentist, orthodontist, or optometrist.
- 401k – Save for retirement with Empower and get a company matching contribution of 50% on the first 6% of compensation, up to $2,000 maximum match.
- There’s plenty of time off too! UES employees accrue generous amounts of Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Holidays!
Construction Materials Testing & Inspections:
UES offers a broad range of materials and lab testing for a variety of projects, from complex roadway construction to single-family residential communities. Our precise testing and quality control offerings successfully guide our clients through stringent project specifications, difficult construction schedules, and complex government regulations with ease. We understand that the most sophisticated technology is wasted without an excellent team trained to maximize its use. That’s why every member of our testing team offers expertise in sampling techniques, testing procedures, verification procedures, and the application of various building materials. Together with our ground-breaking technology, our testing services remain unmatched.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to various job sites in company provided vehicle
- Perform sampling and testing on construction materials, such as concrete, asphalt, and soils
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data
- Calculate cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data
- Prepare or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, testing schedules and designs for project
- Inspect construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering test plans, specifications, and safety standards
- Directs where necessary activities at project site
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required.
Engineering Intern (E.I.) Certification highly preferred
Ability to earn Professional Engineer Certification
Check out our website! http://contoureng.com/
Check us out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Engineering-Service/Contour-Engineering-1644262888937134/
Universal Engineering Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drugfree Workplace.
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.