Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) is responsible for administering physical therapy treatment and modalities as supervised by the staff physical therapist. Administers treatments and physical agents as directed per evaluating physical therapist plan of care.
1. Responsible for providing treatment as directed by the Staff Physical Therapist.
2. Assist with formulation of a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and assess effectiveness of learning.
3. Perform components of an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to therapy requested and provided and reassesses as necessary.
4. Observe and evaluate effect of treatment and discusses observations with Staff Physical Therapist.
5. Provide patient and family with necessary equipment, education, and/or instruction prior to patients discharge.
6. Provide appropriate documentation of patient intervention that meets current standards and policies.
7. Perform administrative duties including data collection, documentation, and scheduling patients for treatment and coordinates with other services when necessary.
8. Ensure patient charges are accurate and recorded daily as outlined in department and hospital policy.
- Associates Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program.
- Physical Therapy Licensure in North Carolina
- CPR Certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
- Prefer at least one year of previous experience in all aspects of physical therapy.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Knowledge of physical therapy, physical therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology; knowledge of physical therapy machine operation and maintenance; strong written and verbal skills.
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Physical Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No