- This is a developmental position with promotion potential to a Budget Analyst, GS-0560-09. At the lower levels, the selectee will perform developmental assignments under closer supervision than that required at the full performance level of GS-09. Assignments become progressively more difficult until the next performance level is reached. At the full performance level GS-09, duties may include:
- Perform segments of assignments related to a variety of budgetary, administrative and statistical functions to support funding execution and monitor the execution of funds and/or assigned program budgets to assure that funds are properly allocated, obligated, and expended in a timely and effective manner to achieve program goals and objectives, and comply with statute.
- Exercise and enforce budget controls through review and tracking of the obligation and expenditure of funds.
- Conduct recurring analyses of obligation and cost data to identify funding trends, patterns, and variances from planned program fiscal performance to monitor program and project performance and identify potential problems.
- Prepare special analyses of obligation and expenditure projections to assist management in decision making and identify and resolve accounting errors with the operations offices, laboratories and HQ accounting duties.
- Review, edit and provide recommendations to narrative justifications for budget submissions from organizational components to assure accuracy of estimates and program/budget logic and data; completeness of material; and conformance to budgetary policy, the organization, the agency, OMB, and Congressional requirements.
'Canes, are you interested in connecting with UM students and alumni for mentorship and networking? Join Cane2Cane!