The Senior Accountant position is responsible for working as part of the Finance team to ensure accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform month-end closing accounting tasks including preparation of journal entries and informative account analyses, including reconciliations with supporting schedules to substantiate ledger balances and estimates used.
· Prepare and take ownership over various monthly processes such as, but not limited to, revenue and cost of goods sold, customer deductions, asset account review and reconciliation, monthly accruals, employee benefits, tax accounting, and others as needed
· Assist on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis with the financial reporting processes, such as support and file preparation, consolidation, and SEC filing process
· Research and explain monthly operational account variances for areas of responsibility and operating expense analytics
· Coordinate and assist with external auditors on a quarterly and year-end basis as needed.
· Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
· Assist with various projects, including external and bank reporting and web sale remittance reconciliation, as necessary.
· Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Accounting/Finance
· CPA license or CPA eligible candidate on license track
· Minimum 2 years work experience, public accounting experience preferable
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Adaptability to work with various information systems
· Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
· Strong analytical, organization and follow-through skills
· Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks to meet deadlines