The Desktop Support Specialist’s role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Field incoming help requests from end-users in a courteous manner.
· Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
· Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
· Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required)
· Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by
· Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading
software, implementing file backups and configuring systems and
· Test fixes to ensure the problem has been adequately resolved.
· Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
· Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end-users.
· Provide off-hours support as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, and active listening
· Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
· Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
· Extensive application support experience of Office 365
- Diagnostic troubleshooting for in-office and remote employees
· Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation