Techtronic Industries Power Equipment, a subsidiary of TTI, has an opening in its Anderson, SC office for a Project Engineer 1 to be responsible for managing multiple projects from early concept to mass production and will be part of an international team based in Anderson, SC. This position will provide project management and necessary technical direction to assure successful and timely implementation of new products.
- Direct daily communications, both verbal and written, to ensure all groups are working toward the goal of timely project completion. Must be able to communicate technical details and concepts to engineers and non-technical team members in Anderson and internationally.
- Drive design of products to meet market driven design guides and fulfill cost, timing, reliability and high-volume manufacturing requirements.
- Analyze, evaluate and select from design execution alternatives to best meet specification objectives and implement designs into mass production.
- Accountable for technical elements of product execution including integration of complicated components and assemblies, material selection, packaging and safety, as well as, regulatory and standards compliance.
- Write general and detailed specifications (i.e., product, performance and testing specifications). Lead refinement of these requirements based on technology and customer requirements.
- Conduct design and safety reviews as needed to gain necessary approvals for product development phase progression.
- Drive quality compliance as related to project work. Utilize appropriate design development tools and techniques such as Value and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Design of experiments, design for manufacture, assembly and inspection, CAD analysis and 3D Design Tools.
- Initiate and follow patent searches to assure infringement clearance of existing patents. Participate in developing patents to protect innovation.
- International travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical engineering
- Plastic tooling
- Structural design
- Consumer product design
- Product development of electronic consumer products