WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A Data Engineer (“DE”) is responsible for using and implementing all of Tresata’s intelligence software through the entire data analytics lifecycle, from development to testing and production deployment.
As a Tresata DE, you will use Tresata’s intelligence software suite to configure and implement end-to-end workflows. You will automate everything from data cleansing to application deployment, build client-specific processes, and extract meaningful insights for use in analytics and business use cases. You will work with clients and their teams on cutting-edge projects that will reinvigorate and disrupt industries globally.
Success in this role requires the ability to think critically and operate in an Agile manner. You will develop enterprise-grade software applications to solve complex, sometimes unprecedented, problems using Tresata’s intelligence software.
As a DE, you will:
- Master and implement the Tresata software stack to build automated ELT pipelines to clean, transform, enrich, and curate raw data into Data Assets.
- Develop and launch massively parallel and scalable software applications using Tresata software inside distributed file systems (DFS) in the cloud i.e. Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, etc. and on-prem clusters.
- Design and orchestrate end-to-end workflows to produce enriched and usable Data Assets in batch and real-time.
- Utilize and adhere to industry standard software development practices and leverage versioning tools like Github, BitBucket, and GitLab.
- Participate and contribute to an Agile way of working internally and externally with our clients (i.e. Scrum).
- Produce technical documentation and presentations to internal and external executive stake-holders, including C-Suite.
- Serve as a point of contact for the client regarding technical and implementation related questions.
WHAT SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE YOU NEED TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or incredible programming/life skills.
- Demonstrated coursework/ experience in the areas involving the collection, computation, statistical analysis, or conversion of raw data into intelligible information.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, such as Scala, Java, Python, or Apache Spark is preferred.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to converse with both technical/ non-technical audiences alike.
- Curiosity in the emerging fields of distributed computing, machine learning, data processing, and analytical applications.
- Willingness to work hard, oftentimes across time-zones, with a global team.
Interested? Let’s get started with your application! No resume needed yet.
WHY WORK AT TRESATA
We’re a fast-growing intelligence software company and one of the few in the world using machine learning and data to solve some of the most audacious of human challenges. We are a hungry, hard-working team of brilliant minds, innovators, and life-long learners.
We provide an entrepreneurial atmosphere that celebrates boldness of thought and tenacity of spirit, that rewards true skill, and is focused on building exceptional products for our customers.
We actively invest in our people, their ideas, and their potential. We fundamentally believe that our differences strengthen us and our mission – to Enrich Life – unifies us as a team.
Tresata is the kind of company that makes you look twice. If you give back more than you give in…if you live to crack the hardest codes…if you believe in data lies the power to enrich life…then Tresata is for you.