WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A Senior Data Engineer (“SDE”) is responsible for using and leading the implementation of all of Tresata’s intelligence software through the entire data analytics lifecycle, from development to testing and production deployment.
As a Tresata SDE, you will help lead our Delivery teams through the implementation of Tresata’s intelligence software suite for our clients. You will help design and orchestrate the end-to-end automation of everything from data cleansing to application deployment, build client-specific processes, and extract meaningful insights for use in analytics and business use cases. You will work with clients and their teams on cutting-edge projects that will reinvigorate and disrupt industries globally.
Success in this role requires the ability to think critically, operate in an Agile manner, and collaborate effectively across teams. You will help design, develop, and deliver enterprise-grade software applications to solve complex, sometimes unprecedented, problems using Tresata’s intelligence software.
As a SDE, you will:
- Master and implement the Tresata software stack to build automated ELT pipelines to clean, transform, enrich, and curate raw data into Data Assets.
- Develop and launch massively parallel and scalable software applications using Tresata software inside distributed file systems (DFS) in the cloud (i.e., Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, etc.) and on-prem clusters.
- Design and orchestrate end-to-end workflows to produce enriched and usable Data Assets in batch and real-time.
- Utilize and promote the adherence to industry standard software development practices and leverage versioning tools like Github, BitBucket, and GitLab.
- Guide our data engineering teams in effective development methods and advise on proper coding practices.
- Participate and contribute to an Agile way of working internally and externally with our clients (i.e. Scrum).
- Produce technical documentation and presentations to internal and external executive stake-holders, including C-Suite.
- Serve as a point of contact for the client regarding technical and implementation related questions.
WHAT SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE YOU NEED TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, or a related field (a Master’s degree is preferred).
- 2+ years of demonstrated software development or engineering experience.
- Trained for & exhibited skills around implementing large scale software implementations.
- Experience mentoring and leading other data engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed.
- Strong proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Scala, Java, Python, or Apache Spark.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to converse with both technical & non-technical audiences alike.
- Curiosity in the emerging fields of distributed computing, machine learning, data processing, and analytical applications.
- Willingness to work hard, oftentimes across time-zones, with a global team.
WHY WORK AT TRESATA
We’re a fast-growing intelligence software company and one of the few in the world using machine learning and data to solve some of the most audacious of human challenges. We are a hungry, hard-working team of brilliant minds, innovators, and life-long learners.
We provide an entrepreneurial atmosphere that celebrates boldness of thought and tenacity of spirit, that rewards true skill, and is focused on building exceptional products for our customers.
We actively invest in our people, their ideas, and their potential. We fundamentally believe that our differences strengthen us and our mission – to Enrich Life – unifies us as a team.
Tresata is the kind of company that makes you look twice. If you give back more than you give in…if you live to crack the hardest codes…if you believe in data lies the power to enrich life…then Tresata is for you.