Carrier Operations Rep – Trek Freight Services, LLC
Welcome to Trek Freight Services, LLC! Trek is a private 3rd Party Logistics Brokerage, owned by individuals with over 30 years of experience, located in Lincolnwood, IL. Trek was founded in September of 2001, and since then has grown significantly due to the experience of our staff, our exemplary customer service, and Trek’s comprehensive array of freight solutions.
Trek Freight’s continued success can be attributed to our 5 Core Values:
- Teamwork – We provide our customers and carriers with holistic support by practicing cross-department collaboration.
- Urgency – We’re proactive and always act with urgency.
- Positivity – Happy employees = happy clients.
- Ownership – We commit fully to the customer’s experience and see it through to the end.
- Communication – We provide frequent updates and honest answers to every client.
We are searching for Carrier Operations Representatives to join our Carrier Sales department. Under the direction of our Carrier Sales Manager, you will act as a point of contact for the asset-based trucking companies who transport our freight. You will be responsible for initial contact, persistent follow up, negotiation and pricing, selling and booking loads over the phone and via email, relationship building, issue resolution, load tracking, data entry and maintenance, and providing consistent and thorough communication with our Account Management team. The ideal candidate for this role has a hungry hunter mentality, strong written and verbal communication, some knowledge of the Freight Brokerage industry, exceptional attention to detail, solid time-management with minimal oversight, and an eagerness for personal and professional growth and development. This role is eligible for monthly incentive pay after the training period is complete.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Booking loads (sales and negotiation), tracking and tracing freight, and providing updates.
- Communicating with clients as efficiently as possible via email, phone calls, portals, and chats.
- Building a book of business of reliable, consistent freight haulers for use across North America.
- Collaborating with teammates to find creative, efficient, and profitable solutions to problems.
- Optimizing carrier interactions, using every available opportunity to upsell and expand relationships.
- Continuously pursuing your own professional development and contributing to that of your team.
- Proven background in effective negotiation and efficient communication.
- Results-driven, positive attitude. Ability to build trust and confidence with clients and staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Suite, database navigation, and meeting KPI expectations.
What Trek Offers:
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus
- Blue Cross Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Voluntary Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Non-Profit Donation Matching
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Hands-On, Classroom Style Training
- Casual Dress Code
- $20 Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Company-Sponsored Events and Activities
Potentially Remote due to COVID-19