TRAX USA Corp is a leading aviation software company seeking a highly motivated Cloud DevOps Engineer with AWS and Terraform experience. This position requires a firm understanding of AWS to expertly support our TRAX Corporate and hosted product systems. The Cloud DevOps Engineer is responsible for the implementation, configuration, functions, and maintenance of the AWS environments and limited locally hosted systems and infrastructure.
The Cloud DevOps Engineer will frequently communicate and work alongside our Database and Help Desk Teams. A high level of technical aptitude is required to consistently reanalyze and improve Cloud structure and processes. The Engineer will participate in the implementation and maintenance of AWS Hosted systems.
Travel, domestically and internationally, may be required.
Salary: 55k+ , (dependent on experience)
No Remote Opportunities Available
Key Management Responsibilities
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Designing, orchestrating, implementing, and supporting secure and scalable infrastructure using public cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and on-premises platforms.
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting the CLOUD infrastructure, and limited local physical infrastructure. Focusing on analyzing and implementing the infrastructure as code, in addition to monitoring its performance and status, reporting findings and recommendations to Cloud Manager.
- Assist Cloud Manager in testing, debugging, and process documentation.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with customers and vendors, perform advanced troubleshooting, gather relevant documentation, and resolve tickets in a timely & precise manner.
- Develop creative solutions as a team and prioritize software performance and stability
- Support cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef…ect.
- Follows the pipeline outlined by management; meticulous with task completion and signoff; supports implementation and maintenance success, offering alternative solutions if needed
- Evaluate existing environments and determine if there are ways in which to simplify, automate, and/or increase the effectiveness of the environment
- Track deployments of projects to support critical applications in our cloud SaaS solutions.
- Team up with the programming/product teams to discuss software updates, modifications, errors and deadlines.
- Provides 24/7 on-call support in troubleshooting, coordinating, escalating to ensure the recovery of failed components or equipment
- Supports and tests our Disaster Relief plan
- Ability to perform routine duties independently.
- Ability to use analytical skills and consult with existing documentation to troubleshoot issues affecting cloud services, systems, and applications.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate technical requirements and specifications.
- Knowledge of Terraform and infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of PowerShell and Linux shell scripting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Using appropriate AWS services to design and deploy architecture and applications based on given customer and/or Solutions Architects requirements;
- Implementing enterprise-wide scalable and high-availability operations on AWS;
- Applying DevOps concepts including IAC using Terraform or CloudFormation, configuration management using Chef, and Ansible, CI/CD using Jenkins, CodeDeploy, etc;
- Making informed decisions about customers infrastructure and understanding the impact of design decisions;
- Understanding compliant environments including PCI, HIPAA, etc;
- Understanding core AWS security and auditing capabilities;
- Understanding AWS security controls, network boundary controls, and related toolsets;
- Having AWS Associate-level (Architect and/or DevOps) Certification or equivalent AWS experience;
- Understanding of the various IT infrastructures and application stacks;
- Using Configuration Management and Configuration Orchestration tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, etc.;
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to project timelines;
- Understanding DevOps Concepts like IaC, CI/CD, blue-green deployments, etc;
- Implementing and following agile methodology; and,
- Working within customer requirements and advising customers on best practices while upholding customer service standards.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team member:
- Performing migrations to AWS leveraging tools like CloudEndure and AWS Database Migration Service;
- Working with one or more of the following: Apache, nginx, Tomcat, IIS, and varnish;
- Managing various database engines, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MSSQL;
- Working with third-party cost optimization tools (CloudHealth, CloudCheckr, etc);
- Building and deploying AWS infrastructure using Terraform or CloudFormation and develop scripts for future reuse;
- Leveraging tools like Terraform and Jenkins to incrementally automate, modernize, and improve customers environments;
- Developing CI/CD pipelines for various application stacks, including LAMP, Java, and Node.js;
- Implementing centralized logging solutions such as SumoLogic and CloudWatch Logs;
- Working with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Python, Node.js, etc)
- Working with containerization using Docker or Kubernetes, preferably on AWS;
- Improving the security posture of our customers by performing various assessments and analyses using tools like CloudCheckr and AlertLogic; and,
- Identifying areas for cost savings through Auto Scaling, right-sizing, and elimination of waste within the customers AWS environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline with at least 3 years of demonstrated prior experience of service delivery in a SaaS, IaaS or PaaS delivery organization OR at least 5 years of equivalent experience is required.
- Experience with O365 environments.
- Proficient in scripting languages Bash, Python, etc…
- Monitoring and Alert configuration management.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis skills across technologies.
- Certification(s) in administering and/or architecting cloud-based technologies is preferred. (e.g. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Technical Essentials)
- Networking knowledge (vlan, wifi, direct connects, BGP)
- Remote Capable ability with excellent teleconference etiquette
Our company offers a full benefits package, which includes the following:
- Travel bonuses
- 2 weeks of annual vacation, 3 weeks after 10 years.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement plan with Company Match for non-HCEs.
- Supplemental insurance plans
- 50% contribution towards Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- After 3 years of employment, 100% contribution towards the lowest “individual” coverage plan, this contribution can be applied towards any of the other plans offered, effective on your anniversary date
- Office Parking Fees are paid by the company
- Wellness Program Benefits
TRAX Technology powers the safe operation of tens of thousands of aircraft for hundreds of aircraft operators worldwide. Our Customers include several of the world’s largest airlines as well as the vast majority of low-cost-carriers and large MROs, all of which operate & maintain the safest fleets at a very efficient cost structure in the industry. As a mission-critical system, our technologies are vital to the success of their business. Therefore, TRAX is constantly investing & innovating to ensure our applications remain best-of-breed / best-in-class in the industry to ensure we remain the market leader. We are only as good as our last implementation, everything is on the line with each and every project.
The professional teams here at TRAX all have their part or role in every project, they are:
- Java, iOS/Swift, PowerBuilder, Data Migration, Interface and R&D Development Teams
- Product Specialists, Software Testers, Technical Writers & Trainers
- Project Coordinators
- Internal IT, SaaS/Hosting/Cloud IT, Database Admin Teams.
- Business Administrators & Accountants
TRAX USA Corp, is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.