Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Trane in Memphis, TN is hiring for a Controls Estimator to join our team. In this role, you will be working with building owners and contractors providing estimates and quotes for HVAC Controls projects. Trane always focuses on a total solution to provide our customers with the most energy efficient buildings!
* Responsible for the cost estimates consisting of materials, sub-contractors, purchased equipment, labor (start-up, service work, etc.), and other construction-related activities to assist Account Managers in bidding on or determining price of project.
* Develops detailed scope based on project plans and specifications or Account Managers design-build scope. Creates detailed cost estimates including system sketches, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, preliminary proposal, vendor/sub-contractor quotes, and points list.
* Responsible for the take-off and pricing of purchased equipment to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, etc.
* Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects. Maintains competitive advantage by staying current with industry standards.
* Develops the scope of work for sub-contractors. Optimizes job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for materials and services.
* Participate in job pre-bid meeting with Account Managers to review scope, strategy, etc.
* Assist Account Manager with determining the need for out-sourced engineering involvement and work with Operations / Fulfillment group to improve and control cost variations in labor, material and electrical subcontract through pre-bid validation and post mortems.
* Associates or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field with minimum of one (1) to three (3) years’ experience in estimating, engineering, construction management, or control systems; or three (3) to five (5) years of field experience in controls; or equivalent combination of education and experience in estimating, engineering, control systems, or construction management.
* Proven experience prioritizing tasks in order to meet tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
* Experience working directly with building owners or contractors is a plus.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
* Familiarity with the operation of HVAC Systems and/or Temperature Controls preferred.
* Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
* Must be able to travel locally and possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
+ DUI in the previous 5 years
+ Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.