We are seeking people who are passionate about making a difference in the world. Torc is a true Technology Leader in the Autonomous Industry and we are expanding our team!
We assembling teams of creative, ambitious people who have the tenacity to make the impossible possible. Join us as we make our roads, workplaces, and missions safer for everyone.
Our culture is one of openness and transparency and our work reflects that. Torc’rs are encouraged to bring forward new ideas and initiatives, and no matter what job you are working on, you’ll be able to directly observe how your contribution comes to life in the solutions we create together.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Mapping & Visualization Software Engineer to develop software that enables map-based autonomous driving.
As part of the mapping and visualization team, you will be able to design, implement, and improve algorithms used to create and manage map data as well as algorithms used to localize a vehicle within the map in real time. Additional work in providing visualization solutions for the whole system will also be involved.
- Develop new ways of gathering, processing, and representing data collected from sensors to generate maps used for autonomous driving
- Improve efficiency of the map generation process
- Create new ways to visualize data in real time from many software components
- Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Strong skills in C++ with experience working in larger software projects (as well as a version control system)
- ROS experience
- Comfortable with 3D geometry and coordinate transforms
- 0-2 Years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to implement algorithms efficiently and in a well-organized software architecture
- Ability to troubleshoot software, optimize code, and perform unit testing
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Flexible work hours and generous paid vacation
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training