At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role:
We are looking for software engineers to help build the high-level decision-making systems for our automated vehicles.
As a member of the Behaviors team, you will help build solutions to improve how our vehicles behave in various driving situations. We’ll rely on you to help develop the next generation algorithms while working closely with a team of passionate engineers.
- Enhance motion control and path planning algorithms for next generation autonomous driving
- Develop high-level decision structures to manage the goals and regulations of autonomous driving
- Benchmark and test performance of algorithms on Torc’s automated vehicles
- Add new capabilities for both on-road and off-road driving
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or related technical field
- 2 years of relevant industry experience in motion control or automated vehicle development
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Strong problem-solving skills – ability to troubleshoot complex software and systems to identify the root cause of the issue
- Experience with graph theory and search algorithms
- Experience with vehicle kinematics/dynamics
- ROS (Robot Operating System) experience
- Experience with various digital filtering algorithms
- Exposure to Bayesian statistics/estimation methods
- Experience with control loop design and tuning
- Cross platform development including OS (Windows/Linux) and hardware (x86/ARM)
- Unit testing and continuous integration
- GPU processing optimization
Perks of being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation