Tiffany and Company is looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer to help drive the forward direction of our Order Management Technical Support Team within the Application Information Services organization. The DevOps Engineer will be involved in all levels of the technology stack related to Order Management systems. This role encompasses continuous improvement to existing features and the rollout of new services from development to production environments. The DevOps Engineer will work closely with application, database, and infrastructure teams to manage OMS application stacks on Windows and Linux platforms. In addition, s/he will play a key role in operational tasks, performance tuning, communication, monitoring, high availability, scaling, failover, and recovery.
Configure, integrate, and support heterogeneous distributed application environments for external and internal applications within Tiffany and Company. Provide application deployment support to various application development teams. Automate application deployments and run production deployments. Manage and maintain source code repository. Provide performance improvement support to application teams. Design and configure highly available application environments to support global business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology and/or a minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience with relevant technologies
- Experience supporting heterogeneous distributed web applications, in a large, complex, and evolving environment
- Expert-level knowledge of Linux configuration and administration.
- Basic knowledge of Order Management Systems – Sterling OMS preferred
- Basic knowledge of IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 8.5.x
- Solid understanding of Cloud and virtualized environments
- Solid level experience with APIs
- Basic knowledge of Databases preferred Oracle / MS SQL
- Must have experience in configuration and JVM monitoring
- Expert level understanding of Application deployment processing and tools; Jenkins, BMC RPD
- Experience with container frameworks and orchestrators (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Familiarity for integrating with log aggregation tools (ELK) and monitoring tools Tivoli, AppInsights, etc)
- Must be able to identify CPU, memory & I/O bottlenecks, solve read & write-heavy workloads]
- Ability to manage and support the application infrastructure for enterprise order management systems
- Ability to perform Performance Testing and Analysis, Measurement and Monitoring, with a Research-oriented problem-solving approach
- Ability to work with high availability (HA) systems and services to support the global business with minimal downtime.
- Experience in setting up Continuous Deployment / Integration / Delivery throughout the software engineering lifecycle